Introducing the dual-use compostable carrier bag. The greenest bag in Britain!
Unlike ordinary supermarket carrier bags, compostable shopping bags are made from a material called bio plastic. This offers three benefits:
- Bio plastic includes plant-based ingredients which are renewable and from a sustainable source.
- Compostable bio plastic bags can be reused as food waste kitchen caddy-liners and
along with the food waste.
in the wider environment.
The Green Carrier is specifically designed to be reused as a food waste caddy-liner, so it ticks all the boxes.
Good for Shoppers
When you buy a Green Carrier at the till you get:
- A strong eco-friendly shopping bag.
- A larger than average food waste caddy-liner that meets your council’s quality standards.
- A no-mess liner with long tie-handles that is easy to secure and to remove from the caddy.
- Two products for less than the cost of one caddy-liner on a roll.
Good for Retailers
- Offering your customers Green Carriers is a cost-neutral solution. You can buy them for 5p and charge 5p.
- You’ll be offering an eco-friendly biodegradable carrier bag instead of a plastic one.
- You’ll be helping to remove millions of single-use plastic bags from circulation.
- We’ll give you free window stickers and product support material.
Good for The Planet
- Material composition includes renewable, plant-based materials.
- Dual-use results in a low carbon footprint.
- Predictable and eco-friendly method of disposal.
- The bag has a dedicated second use as a caddy-liner, so it is unlikely to wind up as litter.
- Biodegradable in the wider environment.
- Due to their distinctive colour and markings, the bags are unlikely to be accidentally added to plastic recycling streams.
- Green Carriers help to maintain the quality of residential food waste collections by reducing the risk of plastic contamination.
- Compared to cheap caddy-liners, the no-mess features of The Green Carrier can increase participation and retention rates.
- When promoted as a council-approved solution, councils can save the cost of giving away free caddy-liners (which often costs hundreds of thousands of pounds every year).